Recipe by Barb G.
A fresh spicy minted nut salad, nice for summer. Prep time does not include 6 hours marinating time for fruit salsa.
Top Review by Rita~
This is a crunchy, sweet, lively salad. I used a whole jalapeno in the salsa. I would use lime next time in place of lemon. Only used 1/4 cup sugar for the nuts and it was plenty. Served it on a bed of baby spinach. This could have had a bit more dressing. I did use a Feta Vinaigrette by FlemishMinx #102099 which went well with this. Thanks Barb!
Fresh Fruit Salsa
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 pears, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, diced very fine
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 2 ounces goat cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- FRESH FRUIT SALSA; Toss together all ingredients---let marinade for 6 hours.
- SALAD; Place nuts in dry pan over low-medium heat.
- Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Stir constantly for 10 minutes or until sugar is melted and nuts are coated.
- Spread coated nuts on foil and let cool.
- Place mixed greens on chilled salad plate---top with fruit salsa, a healthy sprinkling of goat cheese, and handful of sweetened nuts.