Recipe by Nasi Goreng
This dish is inspired by Thai, Chinese and Indonesian cuisine. If you like pork and egg plant, you may want to try this easy-to-make dish :)
- 500 g ground pork
- 2 Chinese eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 bunches basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat up the oil in medium high.
- 2. Crush and sautee the garlic for few minutes until fragrance and soft.
- 3. Mix in the pork and cook it until it's almost done.
- 4. Pour in the egg plants that are cut into cubes, squeeze in half of the lime, salt and pepper.
- 5. After few minutes until egg plants soften, mix well the sweet soy sauce (I use Indonesian sweet soy sauce), shrimp paste chilli, oyster sauce and fish sauce.
- 6. Pour in the water and let it cook for few minutes covered.
- 7. Squeeze in the other half of the lime and mix in basil leaves until all well incorporated.