Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got a bag of Organic pork mince and was trying to think of how to use it, I looked at the ingredients list and used what I had on hand. It turned out very tasty and I intend on cooking it again. I like HOT food and this is hot you can add less chil=li if you don't like too much heat.
- 700 g pork mince, finely ground
- 2 medium green peppers, halved and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium red peppers, halved and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 chopped chilie bell peppers (I used the Thai chilies and liked the result)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan sauté the onions,peppers and chilies when softened add the garlic and remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil and brown the mince in small batches avoiding the "stewing" effect.
- Place the browned mince on top of the reserved vegetables (keeps all the juices).
- Deglaze the pan with vinegar add the vegetables and pork and stir to mix.
- Add the oyster sauce and stir to heat.
- Serve on boiled white rice.
Spicy tasty recipe. We loved it - I added some mushrooms but otherwise followed the recipe. This would be wonderful as a sloppy Joe on a bun. I served it with some steamed Suey Choi and oven roasted potatoes - Rice would be perfect for it too. Thanks for posting Choppy - choppy