Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
this recipe comes from the ultamate book of diabetic cooking.
Make and share this Spicy Millet Bread recipe from Food.com.
- bring 1 cup water to the boil add the millet cover & simmer gently for 20 minutes until the grains are soft & the water is absorbed.remove from the heat & leave to cool until just warm.
- mix together the flour,salt,sugar,chilli flakes if using & yeast in a large bowl.
- add water & mix well,turn out the dough onto a floured work surface & knead for 10 minutes.if the dough seems a little dry,knead well until the dough becomes smooth & elastic.
- place the dough in a oiled bowl & cover with oiled clear film or a dish towel.leave to rise for 1 hour until doubled in bulk.
- meanwhile,melt the butter in a heavy frying pan, add the onion & fry for 10 minutes until softened stirring occasionally. add the cumin seeds & the turmeric,& fry for 5-8 minutes,stirring constantly until the cumin seed begin to pop,set the pan aside.
- knock back the dough by pressing down with your knuckles to deflate the dough,then shape into a round. place the onion mixture in the middle of the dough & bring the sides over the filling to make a parcel,then seal well.
- place the dough on a oiled baking sheet,seem side down,cover with oiled clear film & leave in a warm place for 45 minutes until doubled in bulk.
- preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- bake the bread for 30 minutes until golden.it should sound hollow when tapped underneath.
- leave to cool on a wire rack.