Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Had some minced lamb in the freezer so made up these patties - tweeked them a bit and I thought they were just fine - hope you do too. Serve these on a bun or as your meat side dish. Nice with garlic rice, Kohlrabi & carrots. I made this again but BBQ'd the patties and added some hot sauc to the already tasty pattie after I flipped them - loved it and hope you will too
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sweet pepper, green, red, yellow, slivered
- Mix the lamb with egg, crumbs, coriander, cardamom, paprika, chili, cayenne& lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Lightly spray a non stick skillet with oil, over high heat brown one side of the patties.
- 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium, flip patties, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms& peppers, cover, turn heat to low medium and continue to cook until the mushrooms are brown and the peppers heated through apprx 10 minutes.
- Serve with veggies or as a hamburger on a bun.
The meat was fantastic. The cauliflower rice, not so much. The next time I try this, it'll have to be with real rice, or if I'm counting carbs, just a salad.