Recipe by invictus
I got this from the Betty Crocker cookbook and I love it.
Top Review by Sam #3
Hot tamalies! Finally someone has provided a recipe that my DH says is spicy enough (he eats jalepenos like pickles). I replaced the banana peppers with jalapenos and the monterey jack with tacos and nachos blend cheese, but otherwise made it as written. I think I may use a little less peppers next time as it was a little hot for DD, but otherwise great!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 6 (8 inch) tortillas
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup banana pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, roasted
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a large skillet cook pork sausage, garlic, and green chilies, breaking up sausage into small pieces.
- In the bottom of the pie plate, layer two tortillas, 1/2 each of refried beans, sausage mixture, banana peppers, red peppers, and cheese. Repeat layers ending in tortillas and then cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Slice into pieces.