Recipe by Nasseh
This is a perfect dish for those nights where you don't feel like slaving over the stove.
- 1 -2 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (any degree of spiciness)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drain half the juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican rice (the microwavable kind)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water, if needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- sour cream, for garnish
- shredded cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot. Turn on medium-low & simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Note: If not using the microwavable kind of rice make sure the rice is precooked before adding it to the soup.
- Serve topped with sour cream & shredded cheese.