Another easy and tasty, one dish meal...Serve with a tossed salad and you're set!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (Shady Brook Farms preferred) or 1 lb ground chicken breast (Shady Brook Farms preferred)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni, uncooked (Ronzoni Whole Wheat pasta)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup hot water (NOT boiling)
- 1 (16 ounce) container light sour cream (Cabot brand)
- 1In a dutch oven, over medium heat, cook together, the ground turkey, onion and half of the green pepper for 10 minutes in the oil, stirring occasionally, or until the meat is completely cooked.
- 2Drain the LIQUID from the canned tomatoes INTO this meat mixture; then chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- 3Add the meat mixture to the macaroni along with the sugar, chili powder, salt and the water.
- 4Heat to boiling then immediately reduce to low; cover and simmer 25-30 min, stirring occasionally.
- 5Then stir in sour cream; sprinkle the remaining green pepper and all the chopped tomatoes over the mixture and only heat through.
- 6Variation: Swap out the macaroni for any other favorite small pasta, such as rotini or penne rigati.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mexican Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.4
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 41.5 g