Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This originated from an article in Common Ground magazine. If you use sprouted lentils it's 100% raw. To do that you obviously have to plan ahead, so cooked/tinned black beans are a great sub. This salad is super healthy, fresh and tastes great! Serve immediately after preparing, or chill for up to two hours.
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or previously frozen)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, ripe and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (any colour but green)
- 1 cup sprouted lentils (or sub black beans)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or sub parsley)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 fresh lime juice (about 1-1 1/2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari (1 1/2-2 tbsp to taste)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili, minced (or sub 1/2 - 1 tsp chili powder)
- Mix up the dressing first and set aside for flavours to marry.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss.
I love salads like this! So pretty and so healthy! I halved the recipe and we still have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow. This evening I served it in a wrap with some lettuce and chik'n. I didn't have any bell pepper or avocado so I added some cucumber and some zucchini instead (loved the zucchini in this). Also used the black bean option. THANKS!
I loved this refreshing crisp salad. I did add cucumber that I diced. I used the sprouted lentil option. Can`t wait to finish the leftovers tomorrow. Gracias Made for ZWT #8 Lively Lemon Lovelies.
I really love the freshness of this recipe! It made for a nice salad for last night's dinner and didn't last too long on the table! I used regular liquid honey for this recipe.