Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made it up and fell in love!
- 2 cups white rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn
- 2 1⁄2 cups beans, of choice (I use kidney)
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- butter (I use soy butter... tastes better!)
- 1 diced tomatoes (optional)
- In a rice cooker or pot, cook all the rice, beans and corn in water until done.
- Add in tomato, cayenne, flakes, paprika, salt and pepper and stir once or twice.
- Serve with butter and enjoy!
I liked this but my husband was not a fan - he thought it was too bland (which is weird, because I thought it was spicy and normally I love the spice and he hates it!). He thinks a jar or so of salsa would go a long way for this one. It is a good base recipe though so I will play around with it!
I altered this a bit by adding a can of chopped chilies, cooking everything separately then mixing them up, added a can of diced tomatoes & forgot the butter but topped it all w/shredded mjack cheese. We all loved it & ate 2 big bowlfuls each. A winner at my house!!