1/1 Photo of Spicy Mexican Rice
Chef Howe's Note:
This is one of my favorite recipes. Whenever I cook anything Mexican, I prepare this as a side dish. I have been known to eat it right out of the pan, before it is even finished cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice one of the onions in very thin slices. Finely chop the other onion.
- 2Mash the garlic with the salt to make a paste.
- 3Heat the bacon drippings in a medium sauce pan. Add chopped onions and garlic paste. Cook and stir until onions are translucent.
- 4Puree the two cans of Rotel Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro.
- 5Add pureed Rotel, chicken broth, chili powder and cumin. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in instant rice and sliced onions.
- 6Cover and let stand over very low heat 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 386.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g