Recipe by SarahKaye
A healthy mexican casserole dish that is really yummy and easy to make. For an added twist...if you like stuffed peppers, at step 5 stuff mix into 4-5 large bell peppers, add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of pan and bake for 30 minutes.Top with additional salsa and shredded cheese! Enjoy!
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 236.59 ml quinoa, uncooked
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 411.06 g can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 (566.99 g) can rotel
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (I keep the seeds in!)
- 59.14 ml salsa (I use On The Border-Hot)
- 177.44 ml corn
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook quinoa in chicken broth according to package directions.
- In a large flatbottom skillet sauté onions, garlic, bell peppers and jalapenos.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook until warmed through.
- Fluff quinoa when it’s done and add to skillet with everything else.
- Transfer to a stone bakeware pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional salsa & top with shredded cheese, if desired.