Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different way we enjoy our fish. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Spicy Mexican Fish recipe from Food.com.
- 36 ounces thawed haddock or 36 ounces cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a dish, arrange fish in a single layer.
- Pour lime juice over fish.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine the flour, taco seasoning, cumin and cayenne.
- Remove fillets from juice and pat dry with paper towels and discard lime juice.
- Coat fillets with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets, in batches, over medium-high heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
I made this with tilapia, and all the flavors worked wonderfully together. I think the thicker cod or halibut would work, but I prefer a thinner fish. I served with some salsa and sour cream. I think this would make wonderful fish tacos, and I'll re-use this recipe for that. Thanks so much for the recipe!
Easy, fast, and right on with the seasonings. This will have repeat performances in our home. Enjoyed by all.....especially the cook.....me!
A great, simple recipe for fish. I enjoyed just the right amount of kick very much. Thank you,