Recipe by bmcnichol
A different way we enjoy our fish. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by breezermom
I made this with tilapia, and all the flavors worked wonderfully together. I think the thicker cod or halibut would work, but I prefer a thinner fish. I served with some salsa and sour cream. I think this would make wonderful fish tacos, and I'll re-use this recipe for that. Thanks so much for the recipe!
- 36 ounces thawed haddock or 36 ounces cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dish, arrange fish in a single layer.
- Pour lime juice over fish.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine the flour, taco seasoning, cumin and cayenne.
- Remove fillets from juice and pat dry with paper towels and discard lime juice.
- Coat fillets with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets, in batches, over medium-high heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.