Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this recipe! I found it in a magazine, and it's definately a keeper!
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoons ground hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, for shallow frying
- 1 large avocado
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream, extra
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa
- Process the avocado until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup sour cream. Set aside in the fridge.
- Combine breadcrumbs, hot paprika, cumin, onion salt, and oreganoin a bowl.
- Toss chicken in flour, shake away excess. Dip in eggs, then coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Shallow fry chicken in hot oil until browned on both sides. Approximately 5-10 minutes either side.
- Place in oven, on a hot tray. Bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Top each breast with the avocado mixture, tomatoes, sour cream, and hot salsa.