Serve this as a main dish or, in smaller servings, as a side dish.
Make and share this Spicy Mexican Cheesy Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons recaito (cilantro-based seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- chili powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or more, to taste)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice with cheese, chilies, and green onions.
- Mix together.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, Recaito, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add to rice mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Spray an oven-proof casserole dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Spread rice mixture in casserole bake uncovered for approximately 3040 minutes until cheese melts.
- Top with additional cheese, if desired.