1/2 Photos of Spicy Mexican Cheesy Rice Casserole
Serve this as a main dish or, in smaller servings, as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons recaito (cilantro-based seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- chili powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or more, to taste)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice with cheese, chilies, and green onions.
- 3Mix together.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, Recaito, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 5Add to rice mixture and stir thoroughly.
- 6Spray an oven-proof casserole dish with vegetable oil spray.
- 7Spread rice mixture in casserole bake uncovered for approximately 3040 minutes until cheese melts.
- 8Top with additional cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mexican Cheesy Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 35.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese