Recipe by LAURIE
A different way to do tacos. Super Simple because it can be done in the crockpot or on the stovetop.
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces thick & chunky salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small amount (enough to barely cover bottom of pan) of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, beef and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently until meat is browned.
- While meat is cooking, stir together the lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- When the meat is browned, stir in the cilantro mixture.
- Pour in the salsa; cover and simmer for about 1 hour; stirring occasionally, until meat is tender.
- To serve fill tortilla shells with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream or your choice or taco toppings.
- Crock pot variation: Place beef in crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook on LOW setting 8 hours or until beef is tender.