Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great and tasty snack - and it's even healthy!
Make and share this Spicy Mex-Style Chickpea Snacks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (or more)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cilantro (ground coriander)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
For cheezy flavor
- 1 -2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
- Mix chickpeas and oil.
- In a small ball mix together corn flour & spices (except salt). Add to chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Bake on a baking sheet about 40 min.(or until crunchy).
- - Sprinkle with salt.
I won't rate this because it just didn't work out for us. Not to our liking, though we really, REALLY wanted to like this. Thanks for the post anyway.
Yummy! I had to adjust the cooking time since I don't own a real oven; I use a large Hamilton Beach convection/toaster oven and I found that cooking for 35 minutes made them good and crunchy but 25-28 min is optimal for them to be softer. I used garlic powder and coriander, and lots of red cayenne. Plus, I used besan (chickpea flour) instead of cornflour, it really enhanced the chickpeas! New favorite now, thanks for sharing! :D
What a great snack, and the variations of spices are endless. My only complaint is it wasn't enough! :) I will be doubling this from now on! Made for Spring 2008 PAC.