1/1 Photo of Spicy Meatloaf With Lamb, Weight Watchers Count Your Points!
1 hr 25 mins
Chef 91302's Note:
Flavorful meatloaf made with a combination of ground lamb, lean ground beef and wonderful spice. I serve on a decorative piece of green leaf lettuce, accompanied by home made, yogurt based Greek Tzatziki (which nicely offsets the spice for 0 points) feta cheese sprinkles, sliced tomatoes and sliced onions. A deliciously complete meal for under 8 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg, plus
- 2 egg whites, combined and lightly beaten
- 1 cup very fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, warm the olive oil. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, green onions, garlic, Tabasco & Worcestershire and seasoning mix. Saute until mixture starts sticking to the bottom of the pan, stirring occasionally while scraping the bottom of the pan, about 6 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk and tomato paste, continue cooking for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine beef, lamb and breadcrumbs. Knead by hand until breadcrumbs are absorbed into meat mixture. Add the egg and egg whites, lightly beaten. Knead again until absorbed. Remove the bay leaves and then add the cooked vegetable mixture. Again, mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- 4Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan, transfer the mixture and shape into a loaf about 1 1/2 inches high, 8 inches wide and long. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes on top.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, raise the temperature to 400 and continue to cook another 35 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes before slicing. I slice into 10 pieces by making one cut down the middle and four across.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Meatloaf With Lamb, Weight Watchers Count Your Points!
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 936.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
95% lean ground beef