1/1 Photo of Spicy Meatloaf Sandwiches
1 hr 20 mins
Who says sandwiches are for the second night of meatloaf? You'll want to serve this clove-spiced meatloaf warm from the oven between thick slices of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1-1/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (or 12 ounces lean ground beef and 12 ounces ground lean pork)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 12 slices good quality bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In medium bowl combine eggs, bread crumbs, onion, tomatoes, raisins, salt, cloves, and pepper.
- 3Add meat; mix well.
- 4Lightly pat meat mixture into 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 5Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until internal temperature registers 160°F.
- 6Spoon off fat.
- 7In bowl combine ketchup and brown sugar; spread over meat.
- 8Bake 5 minutes more.
- 9Let stand 15 minutes.
- 10Using two spatulas, lift meatloaf from pan to cutting board.
- 11Cut into 12 slices.
- 12Stir together mayonnaise and horseradish. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bread.
- 13Top bread with 2 meatloaf slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Meatloaf Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 1117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 31.4 g