1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
NRG Tribe's Note:
From Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs other red meat
- 1/2 lb ground beef heart (optional)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain bread, crumbs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons organic tomato paste or 4 tablespoons naturally sweetened ketchup
- 1Saute onions, carrots, celery in butter until soft.
- 2Stir in chile flakes, thyme, pepper, and sea salt.
- 3Soak bread crumbs in cream.
- 4Use hands to mix meat, sauteed vegetables, soaked crumbs, egg and fish sauce.
- 5Form into a loaf and set in 9X13 pyrex pan.
- 6Ice with tomato paste or ketchup.
- 7Add 1 cup water to pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Meatloaf - Nourishing Traditions
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 498.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain bread