Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe given to me by a co-worker. Tastes just as good the next day for leftovers as it does the day it's prepared. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 3 -4 slices finely crumbled sourdough bread
- 1 (10 ounce) boxmushroom and herb couscous
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 4 medium carrots, Grated
- 2 medium zucchini, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, Grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 5 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Mix Cous-Cous, Bread, Bread Crumbs, and Spices in a large bowl.
- Add Meat, Eggs, Vegetables, and Cheese; Mix well.
- Press 2" thick into baking pan.
- Bake at 425 Degrees for 45 minutes.
Amazing flavor! I was a bit skeptical when I realized there was no sauce, but it definitely didn't need it! It had quite the laundry list of fresh ingredients, i'd recommend a food processor to cut prep time. Didn't have a TON of that burn-your-tongue spice (was more of a spices-spice), so I added a few extra dashes of tobasco when it was done. Next time I make it i'll be adding a couple jalapenos, and maybe some more garlic and fresh ginger.