Recipe by artistclogger
Great way to use ground beef (chuck, sirloin, etc). Very Tasty, and beautiful served over red tomato pasta. The meatballs can be frozen for later use or can also be used in meatball sandwiches topped with your favorite salsa or marinara sauce. This recipe was adapted from a recipe I received about 20 years ago, and I don't remember the source. As a time-saver, I use a food processor to chop the vegetables simultaneously, and also to make the breadcrumbs.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3⁄4 cup canned mushroom, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons bottled jalapenos, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients except butter. Shape into one-inch balls. Cook in covered skillet over medium-low heat in 2 TBSP butter for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove meatballs to bowl and cover to keep warm. Mix meatball drippings with 1/4 cup water and bouillon cube. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add flour (sifted over pan), stir, and cook to thicken for one minute. Stir in sour cream and barely heat through before serving over meatballs.