Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hearty, wonderful. Based somewhat on a Rachel Ray recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 14 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 15 ounces Rotel Tomatoes (we use extra hot)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup egg noodles
- Combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and cheese. Thoroughly mix with hands. Form into small bite size meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until browned. Drain fat.
- Meanwhile heat oil in pan. Saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic until limp. Stir in red wine. Heat for one minute. Add beans, stocks, and tomatoes. Heat to boil.
- Add meatballs and noodles. Cook for six minutes.