Recipe by Chef Otaktay
Some yummy Tasty pies:) that is very enjoyable and tasty:) I love it and I hope you will too:)
Top Review by AussieGal Tracey
ok so I was looking for something different and I found it. This is it! WOW its great! I made the mild version but hey all my family loved it and my husband wants me to cook these again thank you for a wonderful meal
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all filling ingredients in frying pan and bring to a boil. Stir to break up meat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Chill for 2 hours.
- Roll pastry as for a pie…but make in 12 inch circles…the size of a saucer.
- Place portions of filling in the center of each pastry circle, and dampen the edges with a little water. That acts like glue. Fold each circle in half and press edges together with water. Put on greased cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Spices in this dish are a matter of choice. For spicy, add tabasco sauce, hot sauce, or jalepeno peppers. For milder, add parsley, sage, rosemary, etc. Your taste!