Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a quick and easy to prepare tasty recipe for slow cooking any meat in a covered dish in the oven. If you choose a bulky meat like ribs you may need to increase the quantity of marinade.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces or 3 lbs ribs or 3 lbs beef steaks or 3 lbs boned shin beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Trim meat and cut into serving sized pieces. Place in a dish that can be covered well. No pre-browning needed.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over the meat ensuring it is fully covered with sauce.
- Cover dish and place in an oven heated to 150 degrees Celcius (300 F) for about 3 hours if you have chosen a tough meat that needs tenderising. A shorter cooking time could be used for chicken.
- Cook until meat is tender. Thicken if desired with cornflour made into a paste with water. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve with oven roast vegetables or baked potatoes and salad.