Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really simple and wonderfully tasty chicken dish that I found in a low cholesterol cookbook while researching recipes to help manage my husbands cholesterol levels. This slightly sweet and sour tasting chicken can be served hot or cold,and goes well with salad,rice,potatoes or in naan pockets. Great for barbecues!! Pep time includes marinating time.
- 12 chicken thighs, skinless (I use boneless too)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 green chili, chopped
- In a mixing bowl,mix together the lemon juice through to the honey.Add the chicken and coat well.Set aside for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.Add the coriander and chilli to the chicken and place the whole lot in a flameproof dish ( I use a baking tray lined with foil).
- Brush the chicken with a little sunflower oil if you wish,and then grill the chicken for about 15-20 minutes,turning and basting occasionally,until cooked through and browned.
I really wanted to grill this, but it was 19 tonight, and I just couldn't stand it! So I baked for a while and then turned the broiler on to brown the thighs up. I didn't find this spicy at all, it was very moist and delicious. I will make this again on the grill.....think it would be very nice with the smoky taste! Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
Awesome. I love the marinade- just a little spicy, but it has a pleasant sour-sweet as well. I had to broil the thighs as we do not have a grill, and I stuffed these into pita pockets with curried rice & peas, mango chutney, and yogurt. The pita sandwiches were unbelievably good! [Made & Reviewed for PAC]