Top Review by alisonhurysz
This was awesome and will become a permanent recipe for appetizers when entertaining! I left out the cayenne and tabasco sauce and instead used 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, Crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper (2 Taste)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 30 cloves garlic, parboiled and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (About 20 /lb)
- fresh parsley, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently heat the olive oil in a wide, heavy sillet.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the shrimp and parsley.
- Cook very gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Raise heat and stir in the shrimp.
- Cook, tossing the shrimp constantly in the hot oil, until they just turn pink and begin to curl.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK!!
- Scrape the shrimp mixture into a bowl.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the refregerator for a day or so.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.