Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, Crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper (2 Taste)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 30 cloves garlic, parboiled and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (About 20 /lb)
- fresh parsley, Chopped
- Gently heat the olive oil in a wide, heavy sillet.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the shrimp and parsley.
- Cook very gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Raise heat and stir in the shrimp.
- Cook, tossing the shrimp constantly in the hot oil, until they just turn pink and begin to curl.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK!!
- Scrape the shrimp mixture into a bowl.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the refregerator for a day or so.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
This was awesome and will become a permanent recipe for appetizers when entertaining! I left out the cayenne and tabasco sauce and instead used 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
Delicious, BB!! I didn't add the Cayenne, because I thought the Tabasco heat would intensify with marinating. Didn't- happen-so will add more next time. Made for Herb of the Month-Bay in the French Forum and for Light Suppers in Cooking Photos.
A friend of mine made these for a party at her home. I just about devoured the whole bowl myself! I will be making these for my Christmas Eve munchie table, if they make it to the table! Try just one ... I bet you can't stop at just one!