- 10 ounces chunk provolone cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole mixed peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint glass jar, with tight-fitting lid
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cheese in quart-sized zipper-closure food storage bag. Combine remaining ingredients in jar; cover and shake well. Pour over cheese in storage bag; seal bag. Refrigerate 8 hours or up to 3 days, turning occasionally.
- To Serve: Let Cheese stand at room temperature at least 1 hr.; stir and pour onto serving platter.