Recipe by Abby Girl
This versatile appitizer can be used in an antipasto tray....over cut tomatoes.... on fresh baguettes... or as part of a salad. Good olive oil is a must here! The oil can, (over time) go rancid so smell it to make sure that it is still good...you will know if it is off! Don't make it too spicy, however, or the flavor of the fresh cheese gets lost. Yummers!!
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (fresh water packed, drained and cut into thick slices)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Overlap cheese slices on medium platter.
- Heat 2 T oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and stir just until garlic begins to colour, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in oregano, salt and pepper. Cool, Stir in capers and remaining oil. Spoon over cheese slices.