Prep 3 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A vegan recipe of the raw food variety. I haven't yet tried this but posted it because it seems to be one of the easier raw food recipes around.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (or Lemon)
- 2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 bunch collard greens, chopped fine (can use kale, chard, whatever instead of collards and spinach)
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped fine
- Place garlic in a food processor and chop fine.
- Add olive oil, tomatoes, lime juice, salt, onion, jalapeno pepper.
- Pour dressing over finely chopped collard greens and marinate for 2 hours.
- Add chopped spinach and marinate for 1 hour and serve.
My wife and I both liked this dish, although it probably won't be one of our favorites. It makes an interesting and different way to serve greens. I used a food processor and chopped the greens up very fine. It made a dish very similar to taboulleh, and I think I will buy some pita bread to eat with it for the leftovers.