Recipe by adriennevran
My boyfriend and I just love ribs, especially in the summer. I came up with this recipe after experimenting with a few I'd found. Also being Canadian, maple syrup is a staple ingredient in my fridge so I had to include that (so much more exciting then plain old sugar). There's never any leftovers with these ones! Combine with some sweet potato fries and fresh coleslaw to make a fantastic meal. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs pork ribs
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove excess fat from ribs and cut into pieces. I cut them into 2 rib sections so they can be picked up and eaten easily.
- To parboil ribs, bring large pot of water to a boil. Place ribs in boiling water and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove ribs from water and place in large shallow baking pan. Turn ribs so meat side is facing downwards.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake ribs in oven, uncovered at 250 deg. for 3 hours or when sauce caramelizes on ribs and the liquid has evaporated.