Recipe by Marie95
I was trying to come up with something new to do with chicken breast that had both sweet, spicy and salty flavors. The ingredients are a bit different, but my entire family loved the results. This recipe was very quick to make. Adjust the spicy sauce and maple syrup to your tastes.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot chili sauce (Such as Sriracha)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple, like gala, cut into small cubes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skilet pver medium-hot heat.
- Add chicken and cook until pieces start to brown slightly.
- Add maple syrup and siracha, stir to mix well.
- As chicken is cooking heat orange juice in the microwave in a 2 cup glass measuring dish until just boiling, remove from microwave. Add cous cous and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Wait 5 minutes for cous cous to sit.
- Add orange juice/cous cous mixture to the chicken dish. If cous cous seems dry, add a bit more orange juice to the skillet.
- Once chicken is cooked to the proper temperature, remove the pan from heat and add the chopped walnuts, apples and salt and pepper to taste.