A nice Canadian way to cook a nice Canadian fish.
Make and share this Spicy Maple Baked Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan cook first 7 ingredients till boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer till reduced to about 1/2 Cup.
- Season Salmon with Salt & Pepper.
- Brush sauce on salmon and bake skin side down for 10 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Brush again and continue to bake for another 10 minute.
- Brush again and bake for final 10 minute.
- Do not turn fish.
This was a wonderful recipe. If you would rather have the spicy marinade throughout the salmon, just follow the recipe until the brushing part, and pour the sauce over the salmon and bake for a total of 30 minutes. It is absolutely delicious and exerts less energy. The sauce permiates the fish.
Made this exactly but cooked it on the grill. Marinaded in the sauce for about 30 minutes and then grilled.
Scaled back for 2 serves so reduced sauce to 1/4 cup and for dietary reasons used low sodium soy sauce and sugar free maple syrup, my pieces of salmon where 100 grams each and I baked at 160C fan forced oven for 5 minutes and then basted and repeated twice more at 5 minute interverals so in 15 minutes they were cooked just right with a slight translucent texture and moist. I had some sauce left over so zapped in the microwave and poured over the salmon. Thank you conniecooks, made for Help A aked Recipe.