Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice Canadian way to cook a nice Canadian fish.
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 4 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt & pepper
- In a small saucepan cook first 7 ingredients till boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer till reduced to about 1/2 Cup.
- Season Salmon with Salt & Pepper.
- Brush sauce on salmon and bake skin side down for 10 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Brush again and continue to bake for another 10 minute.
- Brush again and bake for final 10 minute.
- Do not turn fish.
This was a wonderful recipe. If you would rather have the spicy marinade throughout the salmon, just follow the recipe until the brushing part, and pour the sauce over the salmon and bake for a total of 30 minutes. It is absolutely delicious and exerts less energy. The sauce permiates the fish.
Made this exactly but cooked it on the grill. Marinaded in the sauce for about 30 minutes and then grilled.
This salmon is just lovely! I doubled the recipe with slight changes. I subbed low sodium soy sauce and ground mustard instead of Dijon (only because we were out). I took the advice to pour the sauce instead of marinate. I cooked skinless salmon in a baking pan that had a wire rack. I paired this salmon with mashed sweet potatoes, honey cornbread, and broccoli. It was like a restaurant meal.