Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce has a real kick! Great with grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 ripe mangoes, flesh of
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 0 fresh habanero pepper (careful with these, VERY hot)
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until the mangoes begin to break down.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender.
- Can be served hot or cold.
This is fabulous. I made it last night and served it with jerk chicken. Perfect! I didn't have any fresh garlic, so I used jarred and it was fine.
Oh My God - This is an amazing salsa, and very easy to make. It makes tour chicken POP with flavor. I hope to find more recipes from this talented man.