Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Gourmet, December 2007. This can be made with a whole chicken, thighs, breasts or drumsticks. Prep. time includes marinating time.
- 4 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, fine dice
- 1⁄4 cup gingerroot, peeled and fine dice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 12 ounces mango chutney, spicy
- Cook aromatics in oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add vinegar, reduce by half.
- Stir in soy sauce and chutney, simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Puree if desired. Cool.
- Place washed and dried chicken in resealable bags, divide cooled sauce between bags.
- Press out excess air and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking or roasting pan (with sides) large enough to hold the chicken with foil. Oil lightly.
- Place chicken in a single layer in pan. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Roast chicken, turning once, until deep brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- (Cook time will depend on what kind of chicken you are using).
- Serve immediately.