Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here is a good recipe for chutney posted by request. This has a nice gingery flavor. Great with rice and Indian curries! Chutneys are very popular in England too.
- 1814.36 g mature green mangoes
- 1 large onion
- 226.79 g green gingerroot, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1360.77 g brown sugar
- 56.69 g yellow chilies
- 14.78 ml salt
- 946.36 ml vinegar
- 907.18 g currants
- 907.18 g raisins
- Force mangoes, onion, gingerroot, and garlic through food chopper, using coarse blade.
- Add remaining ingredients and let stand overnight.
- Bring to boil and boil rapidly until thick.
- Pour into hot sterilized pint jars, and seal.
- Makes about 8 pints.
Had originally decided to make this to go with Sharon123's Spiced Bat Wings but once I got them canned, I didn't want to open one little jar. Saving for the fall and Christmas time.
Fantastic. I used about 1.5 cups of sugared preserved ginger instead of the fresh. I also halved the amount of fresh mangoes, raisins and sugar. I like chutney very spicy, so used 3 big green chillies instead of two. Thanks.