Recipe by Sharon123
Here is a good recipe for chutney posted by request. This has a nice gingery flavor. Great with rice and Indian curries! Chutneys are very popular in England too.
Top Review by Member #610488
Had originally decided to make this to go with Sharon123's Spiced Bat Wings but once I got them canned, I didn't want to open one little jar. Saving for the fall and Christmas time.
- 4 lbs mature green mangoes
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces green gingerroot, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 lbs brown sugar
- 2 ounces yellow chilies
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups vinegar
- 2 lbs currants
- 2 lbs raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Force mangoes, onion, gingerroot, and garlic through food chopper, using coarse blade.
- Add remaining ingredients and let stand overnight.
- Bring to boil and boil rapidly until thick.
- Pour into hot sterilized pint jars, and seal.
- Makes about 8 pints.