Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 mangoes, 1 pound each
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh and minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh and minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot chili paste, such as Sambal
- Peel the mangoes, diced the flesh into small cubes and set aside.
- Simmer the garlic, ginger, vinegar and brown sugar in a small sauce pan for 10 minutes.
- Add mangoes, raisins, lime juice, mustard, salt and Sambal.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate. (This chutney will keep refrigerate for up to 1 week).