Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple recipe for chicken with fresh mango "salsa".
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 mango
- 1 lime
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Trim and butterfly chicken breasts. Salt and pepper to taste.
- At this point you can either grill the chicken breasts or cook in a medium skillet over medium-high with a small amount of olive oil. The chicken will need to cooked long enough that juices run clear. You'll prepare the mango mixture while the chicken cooks.
- Squeeze juice from lime into small dish and combine with vinegars.
- Finely chop cilantro and add to lime juice/vinegar mixture. Add the crystallized ginger and salt and set aside.
- Peel and dice mango into a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno, and finally chop 1/2. Add to the mango. You can chop and use the remainder for a spicier dish.
- In a small skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat.
- While the oil heats, mince garlic and then saute in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mango/jalapeno mixture to the garlic/oil and heat for 3 minutes over medium.
- Add the lime/vinegar/ginger to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture should thicken from the sugar in the mango. If the chicken is still not ready, keep the mixture warm over low heat.
- Spoon the mango mixture over the cooked chicken breast and serve.
Fabulous! I used white wine in place of white vinegar. DELICIOUS.