1/1 Photo of Spicy Malay Chicken Curry
A beautifully fragrant and spicy chicken curry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped (if unavailable use 2 tsp grated lime rind)
- 4 small fresh red chili peppers, seeded,chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 (250 ml) cup water
- 1 (250 ml) cup coconut cream
- 1Heat oil in large pan, cook onion, ginger and garlic, stirring until onion is soft.
- 2Add chicken, cook, stirring, until browned lightly.
- 3Stir in spices, lemon grass, lime leaves and chilli, cook, stirring until fragrant.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 5Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Malay Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 214.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 62.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves