Recipe by cyntaxrx
Just something I whipped up tonight, it was awesome quick and easy and I thought I would share the recipe.
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet Manwich sloppy joe mix (good for 1 lb. ground beef, I don't use Manwich, the site threw that in there for some reason, I jus)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use the 96/4 lean ground beef from Trader Joe's, nutrition is based on using 96/4 lean ground beef)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 5 -7 green onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (with basil, or the equivalent with fresh crushed or diced peeled tomatoes and a bit of chopped basil)
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup (undiluted, Campbell's Healthy Request ONLY if you want the recipe low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves (chopped, or a small handful... to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 8 dashes hot sauce (I use Trader Joe's Jalapeno... to taste depending on how spicy you like your food.... I like mine wi)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (LOW CARB, Dreamfield's pasta can be found at Ralph's for about $2.50 a box. each serving is 2oz. wit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice your onion, and thinly slice your green onions, put mixture in pan along with the 1 lb. of lean ground beef mixing until cooked and onion is soft.
- Boil water and toss in pasta in a separate pot when ground beef is almost cooked.
- Pour into beef mixture the crushed tomatoes and basil, low fat cheddar cheese soup (undiluted), and sloppy joe mix - mix until well blended and simmering.
- Add mint leaves and mix, taste - add salt and Jalepeno hot sauce, taste - adjust to your liking, and let simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Dish out servings of pasta and scoop sauce over pasta and mix. That's it! Easy and open to substitutions. I personally added the low fat cheddar cheese soup to make it more creamy, you can add what you like. A sprinkle of grated cheddar would have been good with this too. Roughly 9-10 net carbs per serving (4 servings - the pasta has 5 net carbs per serving, can of tomatoes 20.3 carbs - 7.3 carbs from fiber = 13/4 = 3.25 per serving, and added a bit for traces from the rest to come up with the estimate) and 6-7 grams of fat.