1/2 Photos of Spicy, Low-Fat Veggie Burgers (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
These flavorful patties are baked instead of fried! I modified this recipe from The Great American Detox Diet by Alex Jamieson. These burgers freeze well if individually wrapped. Reheat them in the microwave or oven or on the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml onion, grated
- 59.14 ml bell pepper, grated
- 354.88 ml cooked lentils (or 1 15-ounce can, drained)
- 118.29 ml flax seed, ground
- 118.29 ml almonds or 118.29 ml other nuts, crushed
- 29.58 ml shredded carrots
- 29.58 ml shredded celery (remove veins with a veggie peeler)
- 1 fresh jalapenos (optional) or 1 other hot pepper, finely minced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml Braggs liquid aminos or 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Squeeze grated onion and bell pepper in a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- 3Mash most of the lentils.
- 4Combine all of the ingredients. Your hands are the best tool.
- 5For best flavor, allow the ingredients to marry by letting the mixture sit, covered, at room temperature for an hour.
- 6Use a 1/3- or 1/2-cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture. Pack tightly into cup then invert onto greased baking sheet for a total of 6 scoops, leaving lots of room in between. Smash each scoop into a patty shape using your hands or other flat surface.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Be VERY CAREFUL when you flip them, as they are still rather delicate.
- 8Serve with whole-grain buns and all the condiments.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy, Low-Fat Veggie Burgers (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos