Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich, hearty and spicy but low in fat! The filling tasty pasta you love without the guilt. Easy and fresh with easy to find ingredients. Only 7 WW points! Vegetarian, too!
- 14.79 ml meltable light margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 198.44 g can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 29.58 ml flour
- 396.89 g can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 946.36 ml cooked pasta (I like to use small shells)
- 473.18 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml Italian style breadcrumbs
- Saute onions, bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the chipotles (minced) plus a heaping spoonful of adobo sauce from the can in butter in a big pot until onions are soft.
- Add flour, stir and cook for just a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, except breadcrumbs.
- Mix gently until combined well.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish you have sprayed with Pam (I use my 13X9 Pyrex dish) and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for a half hour.
- Let cool for at least 5 minute prior to serving.
Wow, very good !! We loved the mix of flavors plus the fact that this is low fat !! I am very surprised this hadn't been rated yet. Give it a try for a great vegetarian dish -- you won't be disappointed !! Thank you SaraFish for sharing !!