Recipe by SaraFish
Rich, hearty and spicy but low in fat! The filling tasty pasta you love without the guilt. Easy and fresh with easy to find ingredients. Only 7 WW points! Vegetarian, too!
Top Review by pammyt
Wow, very good !! We loved the mix of flavors plus the fact that this is low fat !! I am very surprised this hadn't been rated yet. Give it a try for a great vegetarian dish -- you won't be disappointed !! Thank you SaraFish for sharing !!
- 14.79 ml meltable light margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 198.44 g can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 29.58 ml flour
- 396.89 g can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 946.36 ml cooked pasta (I like to use small shells)
- 473.18 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 236.59 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml Italian style breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the chipotles (minced) plus a heaping spoonful of adobo sauce from the can in butter in a big pot until onions are soft.
- Add flour, stir and cook for just a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, except breadcrumbs.
- Mix gently until combined well.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish you have sprayed with Pam (I use my 13X9 Pyrex dish) and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for a half hour.
- Let cool for at least 5 minute prior to serving.