Recipe by SaraFish
Rich, hearty and spicy but low in fat! The filling tasty pasta you love without the guilt. Easy and fresh with easy to find ingredients. Only 7 WW points! Vegetarian, too!
Top Review by pammyt
Wow, very good !! We loved the mix of flavors plus the fact that this is low fat !! I am very surprised this hadn't been rated yet. Give it a try for a great vegetarian dish -- you won't be disappointed !! Thank you SaraFish for sharing !!
- 1 tablespoon meltable light margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups cooked pasta (I like to use small shells)
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the chipotles (minced) plus a heaping spoonful of adobo sauce from the can in butter in a big pot until onions are soft.
- Add flour, stir and cook for just a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, except breadcrumbs.
- Mix gently until combined well.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish you have sprayed with Pam (I use my 13X9 Pyrex dish) and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for a half hour.
- Let cool for at least 5 minute prior to serving.