Rich, hearty and spicy but low in fat! The filling tasty pasta you love without the guilt. Easy and fresh with easy to find ingredients. Only 7 WW points! Vegetarian, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon meltable light margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups cooked pasta (I like to use small shells)
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1Saute onions, bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the chipotles (minced) plus a heaping spoonful of adobo sauce from the can in butter in a big pot until onions are soft.
- 2Add flour, stir and cook for just a few seconds.
- 3Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, except breadcrumbs.
- 4Mix gently until combined well.
- 5Pour mixture into casserole dish you have sprayed with Pam (I use my 13X9 Pyrex dish) and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 oven for a half hour.
- 7Let cool for at least 5 minute prior to serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Low Fat 3-cheese Pasta With Chipotle
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 631.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo