Recipe by ms.susan
My partner, Andy, loves potatoes SO much I have nicknamed him 'Spudley'! Potatoes are the ONE thing that he desperately misses on a low carb diet. He LOVED these potatoes and dubbed them 'just beautiful'. Bombay Potatoes are a VERY popular Indian side dish in the UK
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 turnips, diced (approx 3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, dice and boil the turnips until tender (15 to 20 mins).
- Drain the turnips in a colander.
- In a frying pan heat the oil.
- Fry all the spices on medium high heat until the mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Add the turnips and saute until heated through.
- Salt to taste. (I like to add about 1 tsp).
- YUMMY and guilt free!