Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 4 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons reserved shrimp broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in medium pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cajun or creole seasoning.
- Add shrimp, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp, strain and reserve 5 tablespoons shrimp broth.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- This can be done a day ahead of time.
- Place cream cheese, reserved shrimp broth and lemon juice in bowl.
- Beat mixture until smooth.
- Add onion powder, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper and continue beating mixture until completely blended.
- Fold in cooked shrimp, green onions and parsley.
- Serve with chips and crackers.