My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 4 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons reserved shrimp broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1Bring 2 cups of water to boil in medium pot.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of cajun or creole seasoning.
- 3Add shrimp, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4Remove shrimp, strain and reserve 5 tablespoons shrimp broth.
- 5Chill in refrigerator.
- 6This can be done a day ahead of time.
- 7Place cream cheese, reserved shrimp broth and lemon juice in bowl.
- 8Beat mixture until smooth.
- 9Add onion powder, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper and continue beating mixture until completely blended.
- 10Fold in cooked shrimp, green onions and parsley.
- 11Serve with chips and crackers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Louisiana Shrimp & Cream Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1054.5
- Calories from Fat 748
- Total Fat 83.1 g
- Saturated Fat 50.6 g
- Cholesterol 595.0 mg
- Sodium 1723.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: