Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A delicious way to make corn - straight from South Louiisiana.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 cups uncooked corn
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (shallots)
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream or 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add corn, onions, bell pepper, jalapeno and spices. Cook until soft-stirring occasionally. Add cream and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.