this is a very yummy pasta dish that my husband requests quite often!
Make and share this Spicy Linguine, Beef and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into very thin strips
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 -5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, stir together marinade ingredients in a large, shallow dish.
- Add beef strips to the marinade.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Drain the beef thoroughly, reserving the marinade.
- Add beef to skillet and saute until nicely browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium and add broccoli and marinade.
- Saute until broccoli is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, dissolved bouillon and flank steak to skillet.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and transfer to serving dish.
- Spoon steak sauce over top and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.